Master of Arts in Education with emphasis in Early Childhood Education Program prepares educational leaders and scholars who understand in complex and diverse ways Early Childhood Education, particularly as these relate to all issues of social justice and equity.
Description of Program
The MA in Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education is a graduate degree program for persons with a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or a related field who are already teaching or working in early childhood settings. The MA in Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education prepares candidates for positions requiring levels of understanding and performance different than what the candidate already possesses. The advance degree prepares the early childhood professional for advance practice in teacher education, engagement with applied research, staff development, work with families, program management, and engagement in issues analysis and advocacy related to early childhood education.
The degree MA degree program has a minimum of 33 credit hours. The courses are:
1. Curriculum and Instruction Core Course Work
- EDUC 515: Multicultural Education
- EDUC 518: Technology and Pedagogy
- EDUC 519: Research in Curriculum and Pedagogy
- EDUC 520: Action Research Projects (prerequisite: EDUC 515, EDUC 518, EDUC 519
2. Early Childhood Education Course Work
- ECED 612 History & Philosophy of Early Childhood Education
- BIL 505: The Bilingual Preschool Child
- ECED 510: Issues in Early Childhood Education
- ECED 479: Curriculum in Early Childhood
- RDG 551 Literacy Development in Early Childhood
- ECED 515 Working with Parents of Young Children
- ECED 530: Leadership and Advocacy in EC
- Enrollment and acceptance into the College of Education, School of Teacher Preparation, Administration and Leadership’s Master of Arts in Education in Curriculum and Instruction Early Childhood Education.
Submit: (a) an application form (contact email@example.com to get form), (b) GPA 3.0 (unofficial transcripts needed), (c) One year of ECE experience (broad interpretation), (d) professional resume, (e) response in essay form to the following questions (4 pages max):
Why do you want to pursue a graduate degree program in ECE?
What are your strengths and challenges in pursuing a graduate degree?
What do you plan to do with your MA/ECE concentration degree?
- For complete details regarding the Master of Education (C&I/Early Childhood Education), please refer to the MA Handbook.
- Name: Dr. Michelle Salazar Pérez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (575) 646-7625