CORE OTLGC Course Books
- Conrad, R. M., & Donaldson, J. A. (2012). Continuing to engage the online learner: More activities and resources for creative instruction (Vol. 35). John Wiley & Sons. ISBN-13: 978-1118000175
- *Palloff, R. & Pratt, K. (2004). Collaborating online: Learning together in community. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. ISBN-13: 978-0787976149
- *Vai, M., & Sosulski, K. (2015). Essentials of online course design: A standards-based guide (Essentials of Online Learning) 2n Edition. Routledge. ISBN-13: 978-1138780163
- *Vai, M., & Sosulski, K. (2015). Essentials of online course design: A standards-based guide (Essentials of Online Learning) 2n Edition. Routledge. ISBN-13: 978-1138780163 replaces
- Elbaum, B., McIntyre, C., & Smith, A. (2002). Essential Elements. ISBN: 1891859404
- Hoffmann, J. (2003). The synchronous trainer’s survival guide: Facilitating successful live and online courses, meetings, and events. San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer. ISBN: 0-7879-6943-5
- Manning, Susan, & Johnson, Kevin. (2011). The Technology Toolbelt for Teaching. Jossey-Bass. – (this is a recommended text for 581)
- *Palloff, R. & Pratt, K. (2005). Collaborating online: Learning together in community. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. ISBN: 0787976148
- Palloff, R. & Pratt, K. (2009). Assessing the online learner: Resources and strategies for faculty. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. ISBN-10: 0470283866 or ISBN-13: 978-0470283868
Note that a couple of the CORE Books are the same across courses*
ELECTIVE OTLGC Program Courses
Christopher, D. (2014). The Successful Virtual Classroom: How to Design and Facilitate Interactive and Engaging Live Online Learning.
- ISBN-10: 0814434282
- ISBN-13: 978-0814434284
Manning, Susan, & Johnson, Kevin. (2011). The Technology Toolbelt for Teaching. Jossey-Bass. ISBN-13: 978-0470634240
Solomon, Gwen, & Schrum, Lynn. (2014). Web 2.0: How-to for educators (Second, Revised and Expanded Edition. ISTE. ISBN-13: 978-1564843517
Go to Faculty Enlight to make sure your books are added to the NMSU Bookstore.
Submitting timely textbook adoptions will help Barnes & Noble at NMSU provide the best service for our students and remain HEOA compliant. If your course does not require a textbook, please submit No Text Required on your FacultyEnlight portal. Summer and Fall textbook adoptions are due through FacultyEnlight by around March 28.
Barnes & Noble at NMSU is the designated bookstore for the university. Official communication regarding textbook adoptions from Barnes & Noble at NMSU will be sent from email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Timely textbook adoptions benefit students in the following ways:
USED textbooks can save students up to 80% off the NEW textbook price. University bookstores purchase textbooks from many of the same providers. When textbook adoptions are received timely, the bookstore team is able to purchase more USED books. As the start of the semester nears, USED books become very difficult to source, resulting in only NEW textbook options for students.
Timely Adoptions = more USED textbooks = savings to students!
Barnes & Noble at NMSU offers to BUYBACK student textbooks during finals each semester. Students may receive up to 50% of the original cost of their textbook by selling it back to Barnes & Noble. Textbooks adopted for the following terms can be purchased from students at a higher price. When textbooks are not adopted prior to the deadline, students receive less BUYBACK funds.
Barnes & Noble at NMSU is committed to saving students and is now price matching textbooks purchased in store. Textbooks can be price matched from Amazon.com, Chegg.com, BN.com, and the local textbook competitor at the time of purchase or within 7 days from the purchase date. A textbook is only eligible for price match if it’s in stock on the competitor’s website at the time of the price match request. We will price match the same textbook, in the same edition and format, including all accompanying materials, like workbooks and CDs. Digital books and special orders are not eligible for price match.
Summary of student savings at Barnes & Noble at NMSU:
- No tax charged on textbooks!
- New and used rental textbook options when available.
- Price match textbooks in store!
- Order online and pick-up in store to save time and shipping cost!
In Fall 2015, Barnes & Noble at NMSU saved students over $760,000 across all NMSU campuses through new and used rental textbooks.
Questions: Marvin Paz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 575-646-4020