Master of Arts in Special Education
All applications to the Special Education Graduate Programs must be submitted online.
- Complete the Application for Admission to Graduate School.
- Upload the supporting documents required by the academic department. Each department may require different supplemental information. (Review the departmental application requirements on the departmental website or on the Master of Arts in Special Education page.)
- Submit the application fee.
- Review your application and supporting documents before you submit your application. You will be unable to make changes to your application once it has been submitted.
- Submit your application.
Upon submission, the academic department will have full access to the documents that you have included. Each department will have its own time frame for the review of applications. Once the department has made a decision you will be notified via e-mail of their decision. If you are admitted to an academic department, the Office of University Admissions will contact you with the next steps in the process, including any additional documents that may be required.
Materials required for application to the Special Education Graduate Programs:
- An academic vita (education background resume).
- A one-page letter of interest in which the candidate cites relevant background experiences and personal motives for applying to the program.
- Three letters of reference.
- Other optional materials (as available such as sample writing, evidence of scholarship, indication of membership in a group traditionally under represented in graduate programs, or extenuating factors highlighted by applicants in their letters of interest). When requested only for MA, mandatory for PhD/EDD programs.
- Unofficial transcripts.
If you have any questions, please contact the Special Education and Communication Disorders office at 575-646-2402.