Eligibility requirements for the International Student Teaching
Program are nearly the same as the requirements for student teaching in New Mexico:
- All prospective student teachers must meet the requirements and be admitted to the NMSU Teacher Education Program (TEP).
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduates and GPA of 3.0 for graduates.
- International Student Teachers must enroll in the International Student Teaching Seminar, EDUC 480, the semester prior to student teaching.
Interested students need to begin application procedures approximately one year prior to their scheduled student teaching. The steps are:
- Complete the application requirements
- Register for EDUC 480, International Student Teaching Seminar
- During the International Student Teaching Seminar, EDUC 480, complete the application process which includes an interview with the ISTP committee and the Study Abroad Agreement Contract
- Attend the Study Abroad Orientation Program.
Deadlines for Preliminary Application
ISTP Fall Placement
September 1st (one year prior to student teaching)
ISTP Spring Placement
February 1st (one year prior to student teaching)
See Program Dates for detailed deadline information